Lady Redskins Soccer Season 2020-2021 – With Covid 19

Mylie Boyd, Sports Editor

What Games and Practice Look Like

Games

While being on the field was no different, watching from the stands sorta was. While mask where not enforced, fans still wore them. Social distancing was also suggested. Temperatures where also taken at the gate.

Practices

Practices where no different besides social distancing was enforced during warm ups.

8th Graders

Ashlynn B. – Ashlynn has played for four seasons under Coach Crabtree. She is also President of Student Council.

Addison B. – Addison has played for four years under Coach Crabtree. She is Vice President of Student Council and Editor in Chief of Newspaper.

Mylie B. – Mylie has played three season for Coach Crabtree. She is 8th Grade Rep for Student Council and a reporter for Newspaper.

Erin B. – Erin has played two seasons under Coach Crabtree.

Bella C. – Bella has played three seasons under Coach Crabtree.

Gabby H. – Gabby has played three seasons under Coach Crabtree. Gabby was the main Goalie for this team’s season.

Malaya R. – Malaya has played two seasons under Coach Crabtree. She is a part of English 9 Honors and Integrated Math.

The Season

How they did in the Tournament

Algood placed 4th in the district championship. The last game was played at Livingston Academy. They lost to Delkab 2-0.

Best Game of the Season

The best game was part of the Championship deciding if we went to play for 3rd or 1st. After coming out of the first half with a loss of 3-0, Coach changed the field putting in Gabby Harris in Goal. With a kickoff goal by Mylie Boyd with an assist from Addison Bray, the team realized that they had a fighting chance. Then a goal by Ashlynn B., the assist by Addison Bray, the team realized that they had a fighting chance for their season not to be over yet. With 5 minutes left, Bella A, seventh grader, sealed the deal with a PK. This resulted in a 3-3 tie at the end of the game.

In the first half of Overtime, Algood started the fight with a goal by Ashlynn B., assist from Addison, kicking the score up to 4-3. Not too long after, the other team got a goal 4-4.

After both halves of Over time, the game went to PKs. Gabby Harris defended our goal well, and ‘Our 5’ took great shots. The Algood team won the game after coming out of the half with little hope.

Never Give Up!